Ilaria Powerstrike 5 - Thoughts


Ilaria's Powerstrike 5 is approximately 48 minutes in length. It is a kickboxing karate style workout that follows the same pattern as Ilaria's other Powerstrike workouts. You work a series of punches and kicks. This is followed by a series of combinations that combines the kicks and the punches into a mini routine. There are three routines in this workout.
What I like about this workout is that normally Ilaria (like most instructors) teach you the routine on one side and then repeats the routine on the other side. In this workout, Ilaria teaches a routine on one side but completely changes the sequence on the other side. However, you end up doing the same amount of kicks and punches on both sides. I think this approach really adds variety to a routine.
Lots and lots and lots of reps. I was definitely fatiguing in the hip flexor area and the shoulder area.
I have really grown to like the Powerstrike workouts a lot. I like the karate elements that are included. Ilaria is very precise in her instruction and I find her easy to follow.
The camera angles are the best in this workout compared to other Powerstrike workouts. And yes we did do a set of push ups in the warm up. I am use to them.
4 stars

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Pro-Form 600 LT Treadmill - Thoughts

21 Day Fix Disc 1 - Review

Tony Horton P90X Legs & Back - Review