Kickbox Kaliente - Review


Kickbox Kaliente is a 30 minute workout featuring Billy Kirby. It features Latin techno music and is supposedly a combination of Latin dance and kickboxing.
With the exception of the cool down there was very little Latin dancing going on.
This workout was unique. When I first started it, I was thinking "What the heck was I thinking buying this?!" By the end of the workout, I thought it was salvageable.
Billy does a lot of posing. I mean he literally stops in the middle of the exercise and flexes his biceps or points to camera.
Now, there is a whole cast behind him that is still exercising but when the camera is tight in on him, you can't see the other exercisers, so when he stops to pose and does his "Come on, keep it moving" verbiage, I am thinking, "Well, you need to keep it moving too".
The moves are very basic kickboxing moves. The combinations are easy to follow. Billy does a lot of counting and he doesn't mirror cue.
What Billy does do well is give off a lot of Energy. He is loud and that translates into enthusiasm which is probably why by the end of the workout, I didn't think it was that bad.
I am going with 2 1/2 stars for this workout

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Pro-Form 600 LT Treadmill - Thoughts

21 Day Fix Disc 1 - Review

Tony Horton P90X Legs & Back - Review