Cathe Power Hour - Thoughts


Power Hour is not my favorite Cathe total body workout. The only time I put this workout into the rotation is when I want some variety or my rotation needs an extra total body workout.
This time around, I put this workout first up in the rotation because when I leave it towards the end, I usually end up substituting it for something else.
I think one of the reasons I don't care for the workout is because of the warm up. I feel the warm up isn't a warm up because Cathe uses weights during the warm up song and goes right in to doing sculpting moves.
Once you get pass the warm up, it's basically an okay workout with traditional sculpting moves. The only other section that bugged me was Song 7 Biceps. Cathe does one exercise for this whole section - barbell curl. I thought she could have added more variety here - like concentration curls, hammer curls - something.

This is an endurance workout, so lots and lots of reps were performed per exercise.
I don't think this is bad workout, just one I am lukewarm on.
3 stars out of 5.
P.S. You can click on the worksheet for a larger view.

Comments

  1. Saundra,

    did this wo yesterday & I love it. I used your worksheet too - thanks it was helpful for the future to remind me what weights i used. I thought it was going to be easier having done STS but it was still hard. I guess not working out for a month(and half) really did me in. I had to reduce my weights not once but a few times. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Pro-Form 600 LT Treadmill - Thoughts

21 Day Fix Disc 1 - Review

Tony Horton P90X Legs & Back - Review