Stephanie Vitorino The Ultimate Body Shaper - Review

I have long seen Stephanie as a background exerciser in several other videos that I owned and I was always impressed with her form. So when I saw that her two workouts were included in a 4 DVD Workout Set that was at a reduce price, I quickly picked up the set.
The Ultimate Body Shaper clocks in at 70 minutes and it is a combo workout.  Combo meaning it combines cardio (in the form of Intensity Boost)  with strength training.
Along with Stephanie there are two other cast members but there is not a beginner modifier.
The DVD offers the following selections:
Introduction
Warm-up
High Step Shaper
Mat Shaper
Full Workout
Cool-Down
V8 Bonus Abs

What I like about the workout is the count down clock that appeared in each segment.  The warm up and cool down are 5 minutes each and the High Step Shaper and Mat Shaper are 30 minute segments.
The High Step Shaper uses a high step.  During this portion you are performing moves standing and seated on the step. You also use the step as a prop.  Most of the Intensity Boost are performed off the step.

The Mat Shaper segment is similar to the High Step Shaper segment but without the step.  When I first saw this workout included a Mat segment , I thought I would be doing pilates type moves but that is not the case. This portion is definitely athletic based.  The only reason I can see Stephanie calling it Mat Shaper is because you are working out on a mat.

Both segments use a set of heavy and  light dumbbells. Both segments also include intensity boost.

The music was okay - mostly dance techno.  The set was nice and bright.
I like the construction of this workout. I felt the moves  flowed well together and fit the workout.


4 & 1/4 stars

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Pro-Form 600 LT Treadmill - Thoughts

21 Day Fix Disc 1 - Review

Tony Horton P90X Legs & Back - Review