Patrick Goudeau Turn Up and Slimdown - Thoughts

Finally got around to doing this workout. I have had the workout schedule at least three times and life kept interrupting me.

So Turn Up and Slim Down is a 70 minute workout led by Patrick Geoudeau.  Along with Patrick there are two other cast members.  The workout contains a warm up and cool down plus 6 ten minute workouts.
Three of the workouts are cardio based and 3 are body weight exercise based.
I found the body weight workouts super challenging.  In all the workouts Patrick is layering moves – piling it on I thought. In a couple of the Body weight segments I felt the final sequence of moves quite complex.  If you look at the spread sheet I created for the exercises you will see I list the exercise as “into” or “add” and that is because Patrick makes changes or modifications as he moves through. You might get 4 shots at the base exercise before he adds on.

Patrick uses a mat in all the workouts.  The only other equipment you will need is a jump rope. The Mama Said segment starts off with 2 minutes of jumping rope and then you go into a kickboxing inspired segment.
I like the workout. The DVD allows you to create a workout. So you can select any of the segments and combine them into the order you want.  If you do the whole workout as laid out your will alternate a 10 minute cardio segment with a 10 minute body weight segment.

The music is up tempo and high energy. I like the music but actually thought it was too fast in the Finding Your Balance segment when we were doing the Turkish get ups.

The set is bright and airy.  Lots of room to move around



4 & ¼ stars

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Pro-Form 600 LT Treadmill - Thoughts

21 Day Fix Disc 1 - Review

Tony Horton P90X Legs & Back - Review