Zumba Mix - Thoughts




Loved It. Zumba Mix is about 55 minutes maybe a little less. It is 55 mintues if you do the workout without the breakdown. I am not sure how long the workout is with the breakdown. I actually did the breaking down the moves chapter and then went back and did the workout (Zumba Mix) without the breakdown.


The workout sections are:
Zumba Mix
Zumba Mix (with move breakdowns)
Breaking Down the Moves


So Zumba Mix is a "rhythmic journey around the world". Mix showcases different types of dances and influence on dance from many parts of the globe.


The sections are:
Bollywood Fusion
Quebradita
Hip Hop
Sino Fusion
French Reggaeton
Flamenco
Belly Dance
Axe
African
Salsa


In the Breaking Down the Moves sections, Beto and an instructor that specializes in that particular dance explain three of the more complex steps. You are able to go through the moves slowly and then at tempo without music.


During the workout portion, Tanya and Beto start you off with a disco warm up. Then either Tanya or Beto is joined by one of the instructors and they take you on a dance journey with the various rhythms one right after the other. The cool down is led by Beto.


There is a full cast behind Tanya, Beto, and the guest instructor and just like in the other Exhilarate workouts, there are special lighting effects and camera angles to give the workout that "Zumba ambiance".


The only cuing in the workout occurs during the Breaking Down the Moves Sections. Once the workout starts you are simply following along.


I love the music. I love the dancing. I love the all over energy of this workout.


I have two more Zumba Exhilarate workouts to do - Fitness Concert and Rush, but of the workouts I have done so far, Mix by far is my favorite.


4 1/2 stars

Comments

  1. Hi, Saundra- Mix is my favorite one also. I used to do a lot of international folk dancing, and Mix reminds me of that. Also, IMO, Mix is the only workout in this Zumba program that really does a good job of teaching the steps. Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you know the song used for the Axe routine?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Saundra,

    I love your website- very informative! I have been doing Zumba for a couple of months now and LOVE it. I currently have the Activate DVD, just tried the Exhilarate DVD for the first time yesterday and I thought it felt very disconnected??? Hated the voice over. Looking at getting the Mix- can you tell me how this compares to both the Activate and Exhilarate?? Do they do the voice over in this one? Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you
    For Mix, there are two version
    One without the breakdown and one with the breakdown.
    In the breakdown, they have different talents for each of rhythms break down three to four steps. This is the only verbal instruction.
    In the actual workout, Pedro and Tanya and the guest instructor use motions (hand gestures) to demonstrate what is coming next. Mostly it is watching and just following what they are doing.
    There is no voice over.

    I really like the Mix. If I had to put them in order of how I like them, I would say Mix, Activate, and then Exhilarate. And Actually I like Rush better than Exhilarate.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Pro-Form 600 LT Treadmill - Thoughts

21 Day Fix Disc 1 - Review

Tony Horton P90X Legs & Back - Review