Zumba Exhilarate Activate
The description of this workout states that it is “A 45-minute, easy to follow class to get you started.”
And I have to admit, I found it extremely easy to follow. The description goes on to say this workout is “designed to activate your body and awaken your senses”. I felt the workout kind of started out ho-hum, but by the end of the workout, I was definitely feeling the Zumba energy.

The workout is led by Tanya Beardsley and Gina Grant. They alternate teaching the various segments.
Tanya and Gina interact a lot with each other and the cast members. They do tend to ham it up for the camera, but each does a very good job in leading the segments. What can throw you off are the camera angles and the lighting. In certain parts of the workouts, it appears that they turn on a strobe light because there is a lot of flashing lights and the camera angles becomes frantic as the cameras moves from image to image. Most of the time when this is occurring is when you are free dancing but a couple of times this did occur while you are doing the dance steps.
The segments break down as follows:
Pegadita – Warm up – Merengue
La Cancion Del Bobo – TropiPop
Quebra As Cadeira – Axe
Estamos Calienticos – Samba Pop
La Vida Es Un Carnaval – Salsa
Menea Menea – Latin Pop/Cumbia
Merehop – Merengue/Hip Hop/Belly Dance
Te llaman a Grabar – Salsa
Dame Un Tiempo Mas – Cumbia Reggaeton
No Quiero Mas – Flamenco/ Cumbia

The first couple of segments are just okay. I thought they had to many toning moves and I remember thinking “why didn’t they leave this for the Ripped workout”. The Ripped workout is the toning workout in the set which I have schedule to do later in the month. Towards the end of the Axe segment is when I really started to get into the workout.

In Activate, they really mix the rhythms within each segment, and I like that as oppose to just sticking to one rhythm for a whole segment.

The DVD has a music with vocals option and a music without vocals option.
Learn It is with vocals and Feel It is without vocals. The same music is played throughout.

Negative for me:

1. toning moves. I don’t mind doing these moves when they are disguise very well but when they are not, it takes away the fun for me.
2. “ waiting for the music”. I love the music or most of it anyway, but the segments are choreograph to the music and a times you are waiting for the music to start at a certain point or you are working around a bridge in the music. So you will hear them say “Wait for the music”.

The description of this workout also states: “This workout starts the party and keeps it going.” I agree with that.

3 ½ stars.

Comments

  1. Thank you so much for the song list! I've been looking for it everywhere lol. I had La Vida Es Un Carnaval in my head for the longest time. :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Pro-Form 600 LT Treadmill - Thoughts

21 Day Fix Disc 1 - Review

Tony Horton P90X Legs & Back - Review