Kelly Coffey Meyer Split Sessions - Thoughts









Okay. I am going to brag a bit here. Last year, Kelly ask for ideas for her next group of workouts and I came up with the idea that she used for Split Sessions.


Here was my idea:

"30 Minutes To Fitness - Split
Workout 1 - warm up, heavy weight work for the upper body that includes all 5 muscle groups and a cool down.
Workout 2 - warmup, heavy weight workout for the lower body to include calf work and a cooldown.
Bonus workout - 10 to 15 minute stretch workout
This workout would be more strength base than endurance"

So I was really looking forward to this workout and how it would turn out with Kelly's interpretation. I have to say I am very happy.
30 Minutes To Fitness Split Sessions menu options are:
Introduction
Warm-up
Workout # 1 (Upper Body)
Workout # 2 (Lower Body)
Bonus Floor Work
Premixes - There are seven.
Credits and Music on/off option

I did both Workout 1 and Workout 2 as independent workouts across two days. Of the two, my favorite is Session 1 Upper Body.
In Upper Body, there are three rounds. Each round contains three exercises and they are performed for two sets.
The first round features back and chest.
Second round biceps and triceps.
Third round shoulders and waist.
Kelly uses a bench that she has on an incline for the bench press but you don't have to. You can lie on the floor.
I really like the flow in this workout which clocks in at about 35 minutes. So it''s a little more than the 30 minutes.

Session 2 is Lower Body which is about 29 minutes long. Kelly uses a band to start with in a stepping sequence. This is followed by weight work. Kelly then repeats the sequence starting with the band work.
After the second set of band and weight work, comes non-weight work (body weight exercises) followed by more weight work and then a stretch. I like the weight and non-weight work better than the band work, but I do think the whole workout flows really well.

The music is okay. It is mostly background.

The reason I suggested this workout was mostly because of the Upper Body. I wanted a workout that worked all the muscle groups in a single workout.
So many of the workouts out there that feature upper body are total body workouts or are split workout that divide the upper body work into two or more workouts. I wanted a continuous upper body workout without having to deal with the choppiness of a premix.

So I am very happy with how these workouts turn out. No non-sense to the point. Get in and get out workouts.
Session 1 Upper Body 4 1/2 stars
Session 2 Lower Body 4 stars

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Pro-Form 600 LT Treadmill - Thoughts

21 Day Fix Disc 1 - Review

Tony Horton P90X Legs & Back - Review