Zumba Exhilarate Workout DVD Thoughts

Zumba Exhilarate is about 60 minutes in length and it is led by Beto Perez. There is a lady (Melissa Chiz) who is dancing up front with Beto but you really don't "hear" her.


Like Activate, Exhilarate has a Learn It and Feel It section. Also like Activate, you have all the camera angles and lighting going all wild on you in certain parts of the workout.





The workout breaks down a follows:
Bring It On - Warm Up Latin House
Funkezinho - Funk Fuzion
El Vacilon - Meregue
Mueve La Cadera - Batucada/Merengue
Hala - Reggaeton
Que Quiere La Nina - Salsa
Sigue La Cumbia - Cumbia
Anda Y Diime - Tango
Don't Let Me Down - Swing
Pa' La Discoteka A bailar - Merengue Hip Hop
Caiirinha - Brazilian Dance
Salorien - Rumba Flamenco
I'm Going On - Cool Down Ballad

Each segment is about 5 minutes in length.
As this is my first time doing the workouts, I did the Learn It version of the workout.

What I like about the workout: The music. The vibe. The energy. I had fun.

What I didn't like about the workout: The voice over. Beto is actually narrating the workout, and what he is saying doesn't always match with what he and the cast are doing on the screen. The workout felt disjointed. I would have much prefer to have him teach it as you went

It appears to me that when the workout was filmed that Beto and Melissa were teaching the workout and then later in editing, their voices were removed and the Beto's voice over was added in. I could be wrong though.

Another dislike is that some of the moves are very repetitive.

Other things about the workout that are neither likes or dislikes:
Free dancing. Several times Beto tells you to do whatever you want.
Special effects with the lighting. Even though it made it hard to follow some of the moves, the lighting didn't bother me.
The Cuing. There are a couple of "watch and follow me". I didn't find it hard to follow what he was doing so I didn't think it a big deal. I am just mentioning it because I know there are people who do not like that.

I feel that Exhilarate is going to be one of those workouts that the more I do it, the better I will like it.
I like it well enough now and give it 3 1/2 stars

Comments

  1. Play the "feel it" and you won't have voice overs or instructions.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Pro-Form 600 LT Treadmill - Thoughts

21 Day Fix Disc 1 - Review

Tony Horton P90X Legs & Back - Review