A Week In Review - Amy Bento Workouts

I love Amy. I think she is so innovative in the way she creates her workouts. I cannot say enough good things about Amy's cardio. This week's cardio workouts

featured Advanced Step Challenge 3 which I did on Tuesday and
CIA 2805 Hi Lo Knockout which I did on Thursday.

Now if I do have one beef with Amy's workouts is
that they can be so long and I can never fit the whole workout in my allotted workout time which
is usually an hour. For ASC3 I did the first four combinations before I ran out of time and with Hi Lo Knockout I did Premix number 4 which consist of the warm up, combos 3, knockout 3, combo 4, knockout 4 and the cool down.
Both workout are super fun and full of energy. Now one of the things that I did notice with Hi Lo Knockout and starting with combo 3 as oppose to combo 1 is that the energy wasn't as high or maybe it was the beat in the music at that particular point didn't seem as driving. That, however, didn't last long.

I got a super calorie burn (over 500) with both of these workouts.

Now for Monday, Wednesday and Friday's workouts I did All Pump Xtreme 3 Day Split NRG Mixes. I included a workout sheet of the exercises included in the workout. First let me say, I really love the 3 Day Split Leg workout which is premix number 8 on the DVD. The exercises that Amy chose were different and unique and yet I didn't feel a whole lot of awkwardness with the moves; and I had DOMS the day after. The reps were on the high side for the leg workouts.

Now let's chat about the upper body workouts. The upper body workouts were broken down into 3 Day Split Chest & Shoulders which is Premix number 6 on the DVD and 3 Day Split Back, Biceps, & Triceps Premix number 7 on the DVD.
I did Chest & Shoulders on Monday and Back, Biceps, & Triceps on Friday. Within each muscle group Amy did 3 exercises per muscle group; and she did anywhere from 3 to 4 sets per exercises. The rep count range was between 8 and 16 reps.
Like the leg workout, the exercises in the upper body workouts were unique and different but doable. I enjoyed the exercises, and many were challenging. I just felt the premixes didn't contain enough content. I was well into the Chest & Shoulder workout - about 28 minutes into it - when Amy said "Okay, now we are moving on to Core." I was like "wait a minute what happen to the rest of the workout?" I started skipping ahead and then skipping back on the DVD to see if I missed anything. Nope that was the end of the workout.
I ended up adding my own set of chest flys and lateral raise.
So today when I did Back, Bicep, and Triceps there was more content because we are talking 3 muscle groups instead of 2 but still by the end of the workout, I felt more was needed. I went back and added Amy's Multi-Joint section to today's workout and I was satisfied with that.
If I ever do this workout again, I will do all the upper body exercises as one workout instead of splitting them into two workouts because I really did enjoy the exercises.
All Pump Xtreme uses a lot of equipment. Within each muscle group Amy changes out the equipment as she goes but when she is finish with a muscle group, she jumps right into the next muscle group with her equipment already to go for the first exercise in that muscle group.
So a couple of times I had to pause the DVD to set my equipment up.
Okay let's rate.
Premix 6 Chest and Shoulders - 3 stars
Premix 7 Back, Biceps, & Triceps - 3 stars
Premix 8 Legs - 4 1/2 stars
ASC3 - 4 1/2 stars
Hi Lo Knockout - 4 1/2 stars

Comments

  1. Great post Saundra, you've described Amy's workouts really well. I just go All Pump so I'm excited to try it out, I don't have a barbell but I'll just substitute with dumbbells. Counting down the days until I get her new hi/lo dynamics workout, I'm hoping it will ship to me on Monday. Love her older hi/lo workout and cia knockout- they're so much fun aren't they. I definitely like Amy Bento's style of workouts for the fun music and I love Cathe workouts as well. I was tempted by Michelle Dozois's peak 10 workouts but I'm not so sure now, the cardio strength workout seems to have a lot of back bending with weights.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Susan,
    I was going to get Michelle's two new peak 10 workouts but decided against that. I really didn't like the clip that collage had up and I couldn't find a place for them in my rotation.

    I too am anxiously awaiting Amy's two new ones. I thought they were going to ship on the 30th of August so I schedule them for this week. I am going to have to rearrange my rotation for the upcoming week because they won't be in yet. I will move up ASC2 and Hi Lo Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Pro-Form 600 LT Treadmill - Thoughts

21 Day Fix Disc 1 - Review

Tony Horton P90X Legs & Back - Review