Amy Bento Hi Lo Xtreme - Thoughts


I am pretty sure I have reviewed Hi Lo Xtreme and I will check in a minute or so to see if that is true.
I think Hi Lo Xtreme might have been my second attempt at Amy Bento (2nd behind ASC2). I remember chucking these workouts to the side because they were hard to follow. I wasn't used to the sort of cuing that Amy did.
But I brought them back out; and I am glad I did because I really do love Amy style cardio - be it Kickboxing, Hi Lo or Step.
With that said, this would not be the workout I would start out with if I was learning Amy.
Now the moves themselves aren't particularly complex and once you know the combos (there are 4) it flows nicely. The problem is Amy isn't consistent in her cuing or rather the cuing is uneven. By that I means combos and intervals aren't the same on both sides. You do one side and then go to the other side and expect to do the same thing and no that is not the case. Also all the combos don't finish the same way; for instance running through the combo 1 time on left before you move on - once or twice there was no final run through at all before Amy moved on.
The intervals (there are four) are fun. I am happy to report there are no burpees or squat thrust in any of the intervals.
I enjoyed the music. Although a couple of the tunes, while upbeat, I thought out of place for the workout.
Amy's energy is contagious and really propels the workout.
I got a really good calorie burn with this workout.
3 1/2 out of 5 stars

Comments

  1. Would you believe Saundra, I always use this workout to rate my cardio fitness. I remember when I bought this workout in January 2008 and I couldn't even complete one combination, my heart was beating soo fast and I was sweating so much. Now I can complete the whole workout, I love it. I do find the plyo lunges at the end an absolute killer. Like yourself I'm glad there are no burpees in the workout.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Pro-Form 600 LT Treadmill - Thoughts

21 Day Fix Disc 1 - Review

Tony Horton P90X Legs & Back - Review