Amy Bento Advance Step Challenge - Thoughts


I can't believe this is the first time I have done Advanced Step Challenge, the first one. I have had this workout for quite some time and I finally got around to doing the workout this morning.
I don't know the reason why I hadn't done it until now, maybe I thought it wouldn't be as fun as two and three and now four, but it was a blast.
Okay the workout. A short workout for Amy - about 42 minutes but even so the workout contain a warm up, 4 step combinations and a cool down. It also contain a Power Up section but I didn't do that.
The combos were fun and athletic and the workout featured traditional Amy cuing. By that I mean she throws it at you. The simpler steps are broken down and repeated more - kind of like you are using them to get your second wind - and then it is full blast into a series a moves. She does take you through each set of moves at least three times but there is no break down for them. I think Amy even states she is not breaking down the moves.
The only thing I thought odd came is combo 4. It appear that Amy forgot that she had more to add on to the combination because after teaching one section (say the left) and running through it several times she went and taught the other side (the right) and ran through that a few times. I thought the combination was over when she went back to the left side to add on some more. It was weird.
She does not combine or run through all the combos at the end, and there are no premixes.
In terms of complexity, I would equate this to ASC3 if not a little easier. Amy does include a preview chapter where she breaks down 4 moves that appear in the workout.
The set was okay. It featured a room with windows and accent lights. The music I thought was good but Amy was louder than the music so the music didn't have the same impact that I am used to in an Amy Bento workout.
Well I am kind of ticked at myself for not doing this workout before now. I give it 4 stars out of 5.

Comments

  1. I also have workout dvds that are still waiting to be opening and used! I have even traded workouts that I haven't even opened because I think they were more impulse buys that workouts that I actually needed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan, I have done that too.
    This year I didn't buy any workouts until the end of April. However in between April and Now, I probably bought about 30. And only half of them have been keepers.

    I am still expecting the 4 new Cathe's and most likely I will order The FIRM's next series and that is it for the rest of the year. Although we only have three months left.

    Next year I am really going to try to cut back. Maybe I can limit myself to one new workout a month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the 4 Cathe's on my wishlist, I think I'll limit it to just buying those workouts for the year and go easy on buying dvds in 2011. I do think with Cathe workouts you can't go wrong, they're pretty much always consistently good. I'm nearly thinking I may trade my two Peak 10 workouts in the future. Still haven't done the cardio strength dvd and I find Cathe's HIIT so much better than Michelle's Cardio Interval Burn. After Cathe's HIIT, I feel worked out but not as much so after the Peak 10.
    I think Amy Bento may be making another strength workout in the future, not 100% sure Saundra but I did message her on Facebook and she did mention she may do one. How great would that be! I'll always buy Amy's workouts, they're winner as well.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Pro-Form 600 LT Treadmill - Thoughts

21 Day Fix Disc 1 - Review

Tony Horton P90X Legs & Back - Review