Cathe Pure Strength Series Thoughts


Pure Strength is a 3 days split weighted workout
series. The three workouts are: Pure Strength
Legs & Abs, Pure Strength Chest, Shoulders & Triceps, Pure Strength Back, Biceps and Abs.
Legs & Abs is 64 minutes. Chest, Shoulder & Triceps about 41 minutes and Back, Bicep & Abs is about 46 minutes.
I believe this is my second time doing this workouts. (Yep). I just went back and read my old review. I don't really have a whole lot to add, except to emphasize that the workout is fast past with very little rest between the sets.. I am including worksheets this time around of the exercises perform. Click on the image for a larger view.
What I am noticing with working out to parts or splits. There is not a big calorie burn during the workout. This week I got up to around 265 calories burn with the leg workout but didn't even reach 200 calories burn with the two upper body workouts. I think for Chest, Shoulder, & Triceps I burned 198 calories and for Back, Biceps, & Abs I burned 179 calories.
I do know the benefits come later with the added muscle.
I am giving this series 3 stars across the board even though my last review was 3 1/2 stars.

Comments

  1. I don't have Cathe's Pure Strength workouts but I do have Muscle Max and the three Gymstyles workouts. I usually do Muscle Max once a week but this morning I did the timesaver Gymstyles Chest and Triceps and the Back, Shoulder and Biceps timesaver. I'm curious to see what her new STS Total Body workout will be like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan, I too am looking forward to STS Total Body.
    I bought all 4.
    The only one I was iffy on was Lower Body Blast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have this one - but man, does she look strong in that picture!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Pro-Form 600 LT Treadmill - Thoughts

21 Day Fix Disc 1 - Review

Tony Horton P90X Legs & Back - Review