Amy Bento Advanced Step Challenge 4 - More Thoughts


I took ASC4 out for another spin and yep I love it. I think this is going to be my favorite Advanced Step Challenge workout.
The combos really came together for me and I found a suitable substitution for that "v step switch" that was giving me problems last week. Actually the move is not hard. I think by the time I get to it though, (it is in the 4th combination) I am tired and my feet just don't want to move that fast.
In the workout Amy runs through combos 1 + 2 after she teaches them and she performs combos 3+4 after she teaches them. I would have love for her to run through all 4 back to back at the end of the workout. Although, she might have added this as a premix. I will need to check to see if that is the case.
I haven't done the Power Up section of the workout so I can't comment on that, but I never do the Power Up sections in any of the workouts, so........
Lots of people have commented on the set. It's Pink. The set didn't bother me at all. It is much better than having a barren, grim warehouse look that some videos have.
Loving the workout. Officially stamping it with 5 stars.

Comments

  1. That's great you've given Amy's step challenge 5 stars. I'll have to give it a go. I did Cathe's HIIT 30/30 on Sunday, loved loved it. I thought my heart was going to come out of my body at times but managed to complete the workouts and felt great afterwards. My legs did feel somewhat tired from it yesterday so I missed spin class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan, did you end up getting Michelle's Peak 10 workouts? If so what are your thoughts. There have been good reviews.
    Also I thought the clip Mary has up at TotalFitness is much more interesting than the clip Collage has up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Saundra, Michelle's Peak 10 workouts arrived on Monday. I did Cardio Interval Burn yesterday and liked it. I like the way each circuit builds in intensity and she incorporate lots of kickboxing moves (which I like). The moves are all very basic so there is no tricky choreography, the music wasn't great but it did go with the pace of the workout. It's definitely nowhere near as hard as Cathe's HIIT 30/30 but I was very sweaty at the end of the workout. I don't think it was as hard as Amy's Hi/lo dynamics but it was a good workout all the same. Though being honest, I think I'll get more use out of Cathe's HIIT and Amy's Hi/Lo.

    I'll try her Cardio Strength workout probably sometimes next week and I'll let you know how I find it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I forgot to mention in my last message, you can borrow Michelle's Peak workouts from me if you want to try them for a few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Susan for the Review. I will let you know and definitely take you up on your offer if I decided to buy them.
    To be honest I don't know when I could fit them into my rotation. I have too many workouts.
    Sad as this may sound my rotation is pretty much
    set for the rest of the year.

    I am forgoing running for awhile. Pounding the pavement has been killing my knee. Yesterday I went and filled up all the running spots with other workouts.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Pro-Form 600 LT Treadmill - Thoughts

21 Day Fix Disc 1 - Review

Tony Horton P90X Legs & Back - Review