Amy Bento Hi Lo Dynamics - Initial Impressions


Hi Lo Dynamics is approximately 55 minute workout that includes 4 combinations with 4 intervals and a core/ab section, plus warm up, cool down, and a stretch.
.
While this probably won't be my favorite Hi Lo of Amy's, I do like the workout nonetheless and I am very happy to have another Amy Bento Hi Lo workout. For the most part, I found the choreography very easy to pick up. I do not think there is any complex choreography at all. What trouble I had in picking up the routine really came from the camera angles used and I will talk more about that below.
.
Uchenna did most of the modifications and from time to time Amy joined her in modifying the workout. With that said, there wasn't much modification. I did a lot of my own modifications just because my knee has been bothering me lately. Angela did the advance high impact stuff. I really like the set up of when it is just Amy, Angela, and Uchenna. Amy is full of energy and the overall vibe is cool and fun.
.
Two things bothered me about the workout.
One I am sure will go away the more I do the workout, but the camera angles were driving me crazy. The were so many close up shots of Amy's lower half, that for me, made it hard to follow and pick up the routine more quickly.
.
It seemed like each time that a certain move would come up it would cut to the close up camera angle. Okay the first time through, alright. The second time through, maybe, but the the third and fourth times through the pass (and just when that move came up, you cut to that close up camera angle) - was starting to annoy the heck out me.
And in each of the combinations, there are these repeated close up camera angles of the same move.
.
The other thing - shocking I know - is the music. About 50% of it I didn't care for it. Part of the music didn't have any personality to it. I felt like it was there just to break down the combos and once you started to do the whole combos, the music would change into that more driving fun beat that Amy is known for selecting.
.
I plan on doing the workout again next week so I will see if that impression about the music holds up.
.
Right now, I am thinking 3 1/2 to 4 stars.

Comments

  1. That's a bummer Saundra that the whole workout isn't as good as Amy's other workouts. I've only done one combo and one interval and liked the music for the combo. I'll try the full workout out at the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan, I don't want to say that the workout isn't as good. I really did like the combos.
    I am sure the camera angles that were bothering me yesterday probably won't next week. Actually I will probably just not look at the television when those angles come up.

    I was just getting annoyed because I wanted to see what Amy was doing with her upper body and I couldn't becasue the camera angle just kept switching to the lower body,

    The music ... mmmm, I'll see. I need to go back and listen to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I finished the full workout this morning. You're right Saundra the camera definitely makes some of the moves confusing and the music changes and then repeats. I do like the music for the first part of the first combo. I'm glad I have the workout all the same, it was a sweatfest and I had to take a few breaks and skipped a few burpees.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Pro-Form 600 LT Treadmill - Thoughts

21 Day Fix Disc 1 - Review

Tony Horton P90X Legs & Back - Review