Amy Bento Hi Lo Dynamics - More Thoughts


Hi Lo Dynamics - what else can I say? Well, this morning was my second time doing the workout and I like this workout a lot but I do have caveats.
Last time I mentioned the camera angles - I think the problem is the editing and the way the camera cuts to that particular camera angle. It is not smooth and its jarring. It gives you the feeling that you made a mistake or missed a step when you haven't.
When I knew the crappy camera angles were coming up, I stopped looking at the television and guess what - "It stopped annoying me".
The music ????????? Not bad, Not great. Kind of subdued in spots, Kind of rockin in others. Memorable ????? It did fit the workout and kept the workout moving at a nice pace. So I guess it did its job.
Okay - other things I notice this time around that I think escape me last time -in the main part of the workout Amy doesn't combine the first two combos (1 &2) and the last two combos (3+4) . And I thought I remembered doing that.
Well I checked the chapter points and they had been added as chapter points (premixed) but they don't appear in the main part of the workout.
There are three chapter points that don't appear in the main part of the workout:
Combine 1+2
Combine 3+4
All Combos combine.
The thing is, if you look at the chapter points, Combine 1 +2 looks like it will be done after Interval 2, Combine 3 +4 looks like it will be done after Interval 4.
In the actual workout it doesn't do that and just goes to the cool down and then to Abs after interval 4.
I wish the abs section had not been included in the main workout but it is a chapter point so I can chapter pass it - so not a big deal.
The Intervals.
They were short and to the point. Amy repeated each of the intervals twice except for interval 4 which she did only once.
Now with all of that said, I still love this workout and found myself - once I nailed down the combinations - really getting into it.
.
The only problem I had as far as the combinations go was that I could not come up with a suitable modification for the "Hi Lo move" (where Amy has you hopping on one leg, kicking the other leg out and waving your hands hi and then lo). It appears on combo 4.
My knee has been hurting and that move was killing my leg.
But I will figure it out.
4 stars

Comments

  1. Oh no hope your knee feels better soon. I sometimes use the Strong Knees dvd when my knees acts up. This dvd really works a treat- really simple exercises and stretch such as the lying hamstring stretch, straight leg lifting when sitting down to strengthen the knee.
    I made my own substitutions for Amy's workouts and didn't do any pivots, maybe you could do side shuffling feet? for the Hi Lo move. Love love the music in the first combination and then I'm not too mad on the music on the second combo. Today was my cardio day and I'm thinking if I was really into the Peak 10 workout, I would have done the cardio interval burn again today but I didn't. I'm even thinking on my next cardio day on Sunday, I'll try Cathe's HIIt 30 30 again or maybe challenge myself to the Pyramid instead of Peak 10.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan,
    Thanks for the tip on Strong Knees.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Pro-Form 600 LT Treadmill - Thoughts

21 Day Fix Disc 1 - Review

Tony Horton P90X Legs & Back - Review