Cathe Slow & Heavy Workout Series


The Slow & Heavy series is a three day split workout series. The workouts are Slow & Heavy Legs & Shoulders, Slow & Heavy Chest & Back, and Slow & Heavy Triceps & Biceps.
.
Each workout clocks in around the hour mark with the Legs & Shoulder workout being a little over an hour.
.
The Chest & Back workouts features plank core work and the Triceps & Bicep workouts features more traditional ab type work.
.
This is my second time doing these workouts and I have to say I like them much better the second time around. Cathe states in her introduction that these workouts require a lot of focus and should only be done in short durations. I agree. I was starting to loose focus by the end of the workout and certainly by the time I got to workout three which for me was Triceps & Biceps which I did Friday.
.
Most of the exercises feature 3 sets of 8 reps each. The rep count is an 8 count move with 2 counts done in one direction and 6 counts done in the opposite direction. Taking six counts to execute a move was sometimes extremely difficult.
Monday - Slow & Heavy Chest & Back - 3 1/2 stars
Wednesday - Slow & Heavy Legs & Shoulders - 3 1/2 stars
Friday - Slow & Heavy Triceps & Biceps - 3 1/2 stars

Comments

  1. I was only thinking about these workouts today. Is the Slow and Heavy series worth having? I have Cathe's Muscle Max (love this workout), Muscle Endurance, 3 Gym Styles workouts, 4 day split and upper and lower pyramid workout along with lots of other Cathe circuit/cardio workouts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan, if you want more variety then I would say yes but I think Slow & Heavy essentially does what the 3 Gym Styles would do.
    Personally, I am able to fit it into my rotation only once a year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great thanks for the advice Saundra, I'll keep with Gym Styles and put Slow and Heavy on my wish list for trading and see if I get it, if I don't get it, it's okay. Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Pro-Form 600 LT Treadmill - Thoughts

21 Day Fix Disc 1 - Review

Tony Horton P90X Legs & Back - Review