Cathe Pure Strength - Review

Pure Strength consist of 3 strength workouts using moderate to heavy weights and high reps per set.

The workouts are broken up as follows:

  • Pure Strength: Chest, Shoulders & Triceps - 37 minutes
  • Pure Strength: Back, Biceps & Abs - 41 minutes
  • Pure Strength: Strong Legs & Abs - 64 minutes

Overall, I really like this group of Strength workouts. The workouts moved really fast. As usual, Cathe is always giving you motivational tips throughout the workout as well as offering form pointers on many exercises.

This series is one of Cathe's first strength workouts and you can tell that as far as weight selections go. This is my first time doing these particular workouts and I found that I could go heavier than Cathe's "guide weight" whereas in many of her more current series, I am usually below her "guide weight".

My favorite exercises were the floor work exercises in Strong Legs. Cathe used the body bar to work the inner and outer thigh. This was a tough but enjoyable sequence. My least favorite exercise came during Back, Biceps & Abs with the T-Bar row. I never care for this exercise. You have to load the bar heavy at one end and do a rowing motion.

I give Pure Strength 3 ½ out of 5 stars.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Pro-Form 600 LT Treadmill - Thoughts

21 Day Fix Disc 1 - Review

Tony Horton P90X Legs & Back - Review