Cathe 4 Day Split Cardio & Weights - Review


This week I decided to do Cathe 4 Day Split Cardio & Weights series as it was designed. I rarely used this workout in that form mostly because I don't like working out in "parts". However, this workout is design to be a heavy lifting workout and so therefore "parts" is the way to go.
Tuesday's Workout - Higher Intensity Step plus heavy weights Back and Chest - 59
Wednesday's Workout - Lower Intensity Step plus heavy weights Shoulders, Calves, & Core - 66
Thursday's Workout - Boot Camp plus heavy weights Biceps & Triceps - 62
Friday's Workout - Kick box plus heavy weights Leg & Core - 71
Each workout is broken up into two parts. The first part is cardio and the second part is weights or sculpting/toning work. I really love the cardio in all 4 videos. The step combinations used in both videos are fun to do. Out of the two step workouts, Higher Intensity Step is my favorite. I think that is because I like the blast portion of the workout better in it, than in Lower Intensity Step. However, the step combos in Lower Intensity Step are super fun.
The next cardio workout is Boot Camp, which consist of doing 10 drills back to back with a modest recovery period. Be prepared to move equipment in and out of the workspace as you do the drills. Cathe states that it is part of the workout.
The last cardio workout is Kick box. One of my favorite Cathe Kickboxing workouts. It is just a lot of fun. The warm up is super long and does include some sculpting moves. My favorite part of this workout are the arm drill combinations.
Most of the time when I do workouts from this series, I only do the cardio in the series and I used other DVDs for sculpting. This time I did do the whole workouts. So the second part of each workout:
Higher Intensity Step plus heavy weights Back & Chest - I was sore after this workout. Cathe alternated Back exercises with Chest exercises and yes - you do push ups. If fact I enjoyed the clock push-up variation. The weights exercises were pretty traditional.
Lower Intensity Step plus heavy weights, Shoulders, Calves, & Core - This weight workout was probably the toughest for me. I had to grab lighter weights during the shoulder exercises. Cathe did most of the shoulder exercises as super sets and tri-sets. The calf work really got me, but it always do. I was only able to do one set when the burn set in.
Boot camp plus heavy weights Triceps & Biceps - Like back and chest, Cathe alternates triceps and bicep exercises. Along with traditional weight work, you also use the stability ball and the band to aid or add intensity to the moves.
Kick box plus heavy weights Legs & Core - Cathe uses a mixture of exercises to work the legs. The mostly challenging for me was the low plane lunges. Cathe also uses the band and ankle weights to add intensity.
The music used in the workout is terrific and visually this workout is outstanding. The set that Cathe uses in this series is a beach motif. The set just looks so clean and bright.
4 stars out of 5.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Pro-Form 600 LT Treadmill - Thoughts

21 Day Fix Disc 1 - Review

Tony Horton P90X Legs & Back - Review