Kelly Coffey-Meyer Your Best Body - Thoughts

30 Minutes To Fitness Your Best Body is a muscle
endurance sculpting workout. The Main Menu of the DVD looks like this:
Introduction
Warm-Up
Workout One
Workout Two
Yoga/Stretch
Premixes
Chapters
Credits
The reason I tend to post what the DVD menu looks like with Kelly's workouts is because vary rarely can you just push play. There is no "Play All". You need to select the warm up and after the warm up the DVD takes you back to the menu where you can select Workout One or Two. So there is a bit of choppiness with it.
When you combine the warm up, one of the workouts and the yoga/stretch segment which serves as the cool down, the workouts are each over 40 minutes on their own
An extra 10 minutes is too long for a workout that is suppose to be 30-Minutes. I have gripe about this before so I won't do it here.

The Workouts:
Both workouts are very similar to each other. There are five rounds. In each of the five rounds you work an upper body muscle group, the legs, and the core. Roughly I would say each round is about 6 minutes - 3 minutes of upper body, 2 minutes of legs and 1 minute of core. I know some of the upper body segments felt like they were going on forever. We did upwards of 5 sets of 8 reps during the upper body portion of the workout.
For the lower body section, depending on the exercise, you might do 1 minute on one leg and then another minute on the other leg or Kelly would switch up the exercise after a minute and do another variation of the exercise.
The core work is mostly standing with a couple of plank exercises thrown in.

The Premixes:
Workout One with Cardio Rests
Workout Two with Cardio Rests
Workout One with No Rests
Workout Two with No Rest
Workout One No Legs
Workout Two No Legs
All Legs & Core
Cardio & Legs
Cardio & Upper Body
Core & Yoga

All Premixes include a warm up and cool down.

I was a bit annoyed that one of the premixes didn't include both Workout 1 and Workout 2. So I made my own. Luckily, the way Kelly chapters the workout, it was really easy to combine the two without really missing a beat. So, when I did the workout this morning. I did the warm up, workout 1 and workout 2 and 1/2 of the yoga/stretch. So my workout time was about 67 minutes. Doing it this way, I hit each upper body muscle group twice.

While it might sound like a didn't care for the workout, I actually did like it. There were only a couple of times I was cursing Kelly and that was when we went into a fifth set on some of the upper body exercises.
3 3/4 stars

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Pro-Form 600 LT Treadmill - Thoughts

21 Day Fix Disc 1 - Review

Tony Horton P90X Legs & Back - Review