FitPrime Just Right Weights +Cardio +Yoga - Thoughts

Just Right Weights +Cardio +Yoga is lead by Anna Benson. It is Volume 10 in the FitPrime original series of workout and it is about 40 minutes in length.
The back of the DVD cover states "The Just Right series is not too hard, but beautifully effective." I agree with that statement. I didn't think this workout hard but I certainly felt I got a good workout.

This workout is a Non-Dominant Trainer workout. Not only does this Just Right workout work your non-dominant (weak) side first, Anna also gives you more reps to do on the weak side than she does on the strong side.
For instance, you will do a single arm shoulder raise. You might do three reps on the weak side and one rep on the strong side. This is by design. So for those of you who have to do the same amount reps per side, this may not be the workout for you.

The cardio is very simple and much of it lacks intensity. There is this bunny hop section that alternates with calf work (releve). I found this section challenging because I certainly felt it in my calves.
The weight sections can be as intense as you want depending on how heavy you go. Anna's dumbbells ranged from 5 lbs to 12lbs.
Along with dumbbells, a stick (dowel), high step, and pillow are also used.
Most of the music was very familiar to me. If you have done any of the Classic FIRM workouts, you will be familiar with several of the tunes.
The set is a small area that has a full length mirror in the back. At one point, Anna states, "I will teach this move in the mirror".
I did think some of the camera work a bit funky as the transitions were noticeable.

Anna did a fabulous job in leading the workout - great cuing and instruction.

For where I am at now in my fitness journey, this is a great Active Recovery workout. I can also see myself using this workout well into the future - say 20 to 30 years from now.
4 1/2 stars

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Pro-Form 600 LT Treadmill - Thoughts

21 Day Fix Disc 1 - Review

Tony Horton P90X Legs & Back - Review