The FIRM Cardio Dance Club - Thoughts

Jennifer Ray leads the FIRM's Cardio Dance Club workouts. The DVD contains three 20-minute workouts. Each workout features its own warm up and cool down. Besides Jen, there are two cast members with one showing modifications.
The dances are:
Club Dance
Salsa Sizzle
Caribbean Groove

I did all three dances back to back and burn over 430 calories. Each of the dances feature two sequences that Jen teaches separately in a layered approach. Towards the end of the 20 minute, she combines both sequences into one long pattern and runs through the whole combos two to three times before moving on to the cool down. I found all the moves very simple and easy to follow. Jen cued well.

I thought the most energetic dance the Club Dance and this was my favorite of the three. I just thought it had a really good energy. The other dances are good, I just felt I had to create my own energy with them. I think that had something to do with the music being a slower tempo in the Latin and Caribbean Groove tunes.

I felt as if the warm up and cool down were a bit too long. Actually they were only about 2 1/2 minutes each. I think I just felt that way because I did the dances back to back.

There is a bonus 10 minute downloadable workout that compliments the workouts on this DVD. It is called Dance Your Core Off and features Jen as the lead. It is a standing abs workout that feature moves (some dance) targeting the core.

Other than wishing some of the tunes had more oomph, I quite like the workouts.
Club Dance - 4 stars
Salsa Sizzle - 3 3/4 stars
Caribbean Groove - 3 3/4 stars
Dance Your Core Off - 3 stars

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Pro-Form 600 LT Treadmill - Thoughts

21 Day Fix Disc 1 - Review

Tony Horton P90X Legs & Back - Review