CIA 2202 All-Out Hi/Low - Thoughts

CIA 2202 All-Out Hi/Low & Step features Franny Benedetto as the lead. It is an older CIA Video workout that is part of the 2200 Series of Workouts. The actual DVD contains three 2200 workouts that were once only on VHS.
I have had the DVD forever but up until today, I had only done CIA 2203 Cardio Strikezone which is a kickboxing workout.
So I decided to explore the other workouts on the DVD.

2202 All-Out Hi/Low & Step is actually two separate 55 minute plus workouts. Workout one is Hi/Low and Workout Two is Step. I only did the Hi/Low workout.

The Hi Low workout features an 8 minute warm up, 7 mini combos, and about a 5 minute cool down. Franny teaches the combos in a rapid layer approach. Once you get pass the warm up, there is not a lot of marching. You are always doing a move that is part of the combo. She teaches it, does it about 4 times and then she is like "let's move on". I mentioned this because a couple of times, I was trying to figure out where I could sneak in a drink of water, but the only real break comes after the third combo when you do a heart rate check. Otherwise, it is constant movement.

I didn't think the combos were particularly difficult to learn. What makes them tricky is the pace at which Franny moves through the combos and the fact that she teaches the moves at normal speed, so no real breakdown for most of the moves. She calls it out and then does it.

A little more about the combos.
They are taught in two parts. Part one is the first three combos. After you learn them, you run through them a couple of times and then Franny splices the combos. You run through the splice version a couple of times before moving on.
Part two contains the last four combos. Once you get into Part Two, you never do the combos in the first part again. Franny doesn't splice the combos as she did in part one, but once you have learned all the combos in part two, you do run through them all several times.

I like this workout and thought it had a lot of energy. The music is really up tempo and each tune has a definite driving beat. I thought Franny did a good job cuing the workout. You do have to listen to what she is saying because the workout does move.
This is the type of good old-fashion cardio that I love. I am irritated with myself that I am just now doing this workout.
4 stars

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Pro-Form 600 LT Treadmill - Thoughts

21 Day Fix Disc 1 - Review

Tony Horton P90X Legs & Back - Review