Seasun Zieger Z-FIT Super Step - Thoughts


Clocking in right at 60 minutes is Seasun Zieger's Z-Fit Super Step workout. The workout consist of a warm up, 3 step combinations, the combinations spliced together, cool-down, core work and a stretch.
With Seasun's workouts, I like to learn them a combo at a time. Actually, this is only my second step workout with Seasun and I found Super Step much easier to learn than her CIA 2903 Stepping Up workout. That is
not to say that there isn't a lot of complexity with this workout. There is. You are doing a lot of turns, pivots, and moves with your back toward the television.
What makes Seasun difficult is that she cues in chunks. What I mean by that is that she will tell you a head of time what you will do. And what you will do might be 4 moves back to back. That is what I mean by chunk. She throws a chunk at you instead of teaching 1st move, then 2nd, then the 3rd etc.
Also, what she does that a lot of advance step instructors do is she spends a lot of time (in terms of reps) on simple moves and not enough reps on the more complex moves.
There is a modifier who really does simplify the workout. In Stepping Up, I felt the modifier was doing a different workout than Seasun and the rest of the cast. In this workout, not so much.
I followed the modifier 1/2 the time and I followed Seasun 1/2 the time. One of the combos has as series of burpees. I definitely followed the modifier during that move. Not that I cannot do a burpee, I just have a problem with them showing up in a step workout.
The music...........Not great. Actually, the parts of the music I really didn't care for was combo 1 and the last tune in Combo 3. Ho hum is how I would describe the tune in combo 1 and the tune in the combo 3 just didn't fit to me.
The cool-down is incredibly short. - almost non-existent. I skipped the core work. So no comment there. And the ending stretch is decent.
Believe it or not, I did enjoy the workout. I think it is better than average.
3 1/2 stars

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Pro-Form 600 LT Treadmill - Thoughts

21 Day Fix Disc 1 - Review

Tony Horton P90X Legs & Back - Review