CIA 2404 Step Till You Drop 2 (Cardio-Dance Step) - Thoughts

Cardio-Dance Step is one of the segments on CIA 2404 Step Till You Drop 2.
CIA 2404 features Laura Downing, Melissa Cantillo and Mark Hendricks as the leads. The whole workout is over 2 hours long and breaks down as follows:
Warm-up (Laura) 7:30
Strong Step (Laura) 35:00 (Athletic Step)
Intervelocity Step (Melissa) 30:00 (Step segments mix with weight segments)
Cardio-Dance Step (Mark) 32:00
Smooth Cool-Down (Mark) 4:00
Core Conditioning & Stretch (Melissa) 14:00.
Now, I have had this workout for a while and I have done the different parts of the workout at different times. The section of the workout that I gravitate towards the most is Mark's section because I like his section the best. In fact, I no longer do Laura's and Melissa segments and I only kept this DVD because I like Mark's step routine so much.

So Cardio-Dance Step is really just one long dance combo step routine that is taught in that Take It From The Top layered approach. There are some tricky moves and you are doing lots of spins, turns and direction changes. Mark lets you know that this is DANCE step. So he tells you to have long lines and to lengthen your moves.
For the most part you are doing the moves on one side and then you move to the other side. However, when you go to the other side to learn the moves, you do not get the same amount of break down as you do on the first side.
This is good and bad. If you need more time to get the steps down, you may find yourself rewinding. However, if you got the move down, then the lack of breakdown on the second side won't bother you and you are happy to move on - and it makes it feel more like a dance routine.
I like dance workouts and I like the way Mark combines dance and step. Mark has a lot of flair and he has this habit of going "heck heck" which I guess is his version of "Wooing".
The music is club dance techno. The set has an Asian decor feel to it.
Cardio-Dance Step is fun for me. I really don't even think I am working out. It is one of my favorite workouts that I don't do enough.
4 1/2 stars

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Pro-Form 600 LT Treadmill - Thoughts

21 Day Fix Disc 1 - Review

Tony Horton P90X Legs & Back - Review