WHFN FitPrime Lower Body Burn - Thoughts


Lower Body Burn is 48 minutes in length and features Melissa Grill. I think the music in this workout is great. I think Melissa Grill is great. While doing the workout, I found myself wondering if Melissa has anymore workouts videos that are out. WHFN is the only place where I have come across her.

Now, I have had the WHFN workouts for awhile and I have done most of them three to four times but I could not remember ever completing Lower Body Burn. 10 minutes into the workout I remembered that I never did complete it because I just couldn't get into the workout.

This time I did complete the whole workout but it was an effort. Mostly, I think because the pace is just slow. Not the music. The workout itself is just...... Lackluster is the word that comes to mind. There is no intensity and really no burn. I could tell that Melissa was trying to bring some oomph to it, some enthusiasm but at 14 minute and 50 second into the workout, I remember thinking that's all I've done.


    The workout according to the back cover breaks down as follows:
  • pilates - 9 minutes

  • cardio - 10 minutes

  • yoga - 10 minutes

  • weights - 19 minutes

By far the most challenging section is the pilates work which occurs at the beginning of the workout and it is working your core (predominately your lower abs) using a yoga block.

Oh the cardio. Well there is the dowel warm up. There is a cardio towel section (towel used as a prop) and then there is four-limb cardio (using light dumbbells). The intensity is light and the moves are basic, very basic.

The yoga occurs at the end of the workout in a stretch cool down segment.

Weights should really be label toning because actual dumbbells are used very little. A lot of the weight sets are using the dowel and a yoga block.

Complete equipment list - tall step, dumbbells, towel, yoga block & dowel. A dowel is a balancing stick.

I did not like this workout and that could be that this is just not my type of workout. I will give it 2 stars.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Pro-Form 600 LT Treadmill - Thoughts

21 Day Fix Disc 1 - Review

Tony Horton P90X Legs & Back - Review