The FIRM Rock Solid Buns - Review


Rock Solid Buns
is one of the workouts that came as an add-on to The Wave System by The FIRM. Alison Davis leads the workout and it is 30 minutes long. Along with using the Wave and dumbbells, this workout also utilizes a band. The band that came with my workout was long, pink and had The FIRM logo on it.
I did include a worksheet breaking down the exercises. You will notice that I call things Side A and Side B. It was much easier to do it this way than to remember what was left and what was right. This is mostly because there is a lot of compound movement and multi-joint exercises. Alison starts with one exercise say a dip. She does this for a while and then she adds a back leg lift. Nothing new. Typical FIRM just hard to write up when you are trying to make an exercise worksheet.

The workout is kind of broken up into thirds.

First Part - Stable side of Wave, using dumbbells, standing work.

Second Part - Rocking side, using the band, standing work.

Third Part - Stable Side, using the band, floor work.

Let's see. The band work. I like the standing band work more than I like the floor band work. I also I find anytime I have sit or lie on the Wave (when it is on its stable side) it is a bit uncomfortable. I felt this way with the other Wave workouts too.

That is about it. The workout is a decent 30 minute lower body workout.
3 stars

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Pro-Form 600 LT Treadmill - Thoughts

21 Day Fix Disc 1 - Review

Tony Horton P90X Legs & Back - Review