Kelly Coffey-Meyer TLC: Train Like A Contender

I have not worked out since I did Rock Solid Abs. That has been almost two weeks ago. I have been moving and you never know how much stuff you have until you move. Although I think I burn just as much if not more calories moving. There was a lot of walking up and down the stairs moving boxes, furniture and just overall stuff.
Anyway I am just now getting myself organized to actually have the time and space to do workouts.
On the menu for yesterday and today - Kelly Coffey-Meyer 30 Minutes To Fitness TLC (Train Like A Contender). I broke the workouts up into its two parts.
So first let's talk about Workout #1 Boxing. Actually I will get back to that in a second. Let's talk about the DVD. There are several sections on the DVD and they are:
Introduction
Warm-Up
Quick Warm-Up
Workout #1 (Boxing)
Workout #2 (Conditioning)
Stretch
Bonus(Flip Up/Push Up)
Premixes
Boxing Combos
Credits and the Music On/Off option.

Because I was short on time for Workout #1 I did the Quick Warm-Up. The Quick Warm-Up is about minute and a half. I didn't think that was actually enough time to warm up but I was in a hurry.
Workout #1 is mostly punches. Kelly puts together a series of Boxing combinations with mostly familiar moves and she combines the moves in both old and new ways. She does the moves on the right and then moves to the left. Usually a side to side shuffle is thrown in the middle as a break and transition.
I like the combinations. The music is decent. Some tunes I like and some are just "meh". While you are using your legs to get in and out of moves, I think this is mostly an upper body workout. It is a different way to work the upper body.


Workout 2 is Conditioning. For this workout, I had more time so I did the normal Warm Up. The normal Warm-Up is just over 3 minutes - maybe 3 1/2 minutes. The quick warm up starts in the middle of the normal warm up.
So the Conditioning workout alternates working the lower and upper body with a series of repetitive moves. You are doing the exercise for approximately a minute or 30 seconds per side.

The conditioning moves are: Jinga step, upper body pull downs, squats, 1-2-3 punches, jump rope, forehand arm swing, 4 pulse front lunge, alternating uppercuts, plie pops, bat swing right, bat swing left, lunge and retreat right, lunge and retreat left, speed bags, jumping jacks, four uppercuts, side bends right leg back, side bends left leg back, push ups, plank hip drops, scissor abs, crunches.

The workout moves fast. Just when I was thinking "Okay enough, too many reps" the set came to an end and Kelly moved on. I did feel some fatigue of the muscle in several of the exercises. Kelly does not use any weights but suggest adding 1lb hand weights to some of the moves for more intensity.
The music in Conditioning is decent also. When we went to the floor for push ups, the music switches to an Irish tune. I thought that nice and refreshing.

Kelly does a nice job in keeping the energy up in the workout. She explains and sometimes demonstrates the move prior to having you perform the move.

I like both workouts and give both 3 1/2 stars.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Pro-Form 600 LT Treadmill - Thoughts

21 Day Fix Disc 1 - Review

Tony Horton P90X Legs & Back - Review