The FIRM Rock Solid Cardio -Thoughts



I am still riding the Wave this week with Rock Solid Cardio. (I know that was corny). Ok. So Rock Solid Cardio is 30 minutes. The workout is led by Kelsie Daniels. Kelsie is truly on her game in this workout. I felt the energy coming from her.

Kelsie alternates using the Wave in the stable and rocking position. We probably did five changes first working on the stable side and then the rocking side, back to the stable side etc.

I really like the cardio sets in this workout. However, like most FIRM workouts they have to throw in a set working with weights and while I thought the the sculpting moves were okay, the moves just really brought my heart rate down.

I think this is mostly because the sculpting moves interspersed four limb with isolated weight work and as it is recommended that you don't exceed 5lbs in this workout, the intensity of the weight work lacked any power. This section occurs well after the 20 minute mark in the workout so you do get your heart rate up for 20 minutes. Also this segment included a series of push ups and kicks.

I think that is about it. Other than wishing Kelsie left the weight work out in this one, I like Rock Solid Cardio and give it 3 1/2 stars.

Comments

  1. I had a hard time getting the choreo in this one the first few times around...I do have 2 left feet though :) Agree about the weight sections!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Pro-Form 600 LT Treadmill - Thoughts

21 Day Fix Disc 1 - Review

Tony Horton P90X Legs & Back - Review