Kettlebell Kickboxing DVD 2 Strength - Thoughts

Kettlebell Kickboxing Strength clocks in at just over 39 minutes.  This workout is part of Dasha Libin Scorcher Series.  The workout mixes kettlebell moves with kickboxing moves.
Strength is the second DVD of the series and it is characterized as Total Body Fat Loss.

I thought  it was really similar to the first DVD in tempo and style although the exercises are different.
There are two clocks. One counts down the overall workout and one counts down the time for each exercise. Dasha tells you the exercise and if you know it, she tells you to get going. If you don't know it, she demonstrates the moves for one or two reps before stopping to check on the cast members and offer tips. The cast member do not work in unison. Everyone is going at their own pace.
With workouts like these, once I see the exercise, I will turn away from the TV and work at my own pace.  
Love the length of the workout. There is music but it really doesn't enhance the workout. 

3 stars

Comments

  1. This is also on my radar. But have never done kettlebells. Would you recommend this? Have been reading how she talks non-stop, do you find it annoying or is it helpful. I have Angie Miller's Strength and Core Fusion but her chatter I can ignore. On the other hand I find Patricia Moreno incredibly chatty on her Gaiam kickboxing and yoga dvds that I can't stand to use them even if they are really good workouts. I like Leslie too.

    I'm glad to have discovered your blog. Your reviews are very helpful.

    Lara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lara.
    So far I have done 3 of the 4 workouts. At first I found the constant chatter annoying, but now I think I just tune it out. As soon as I see what she is doing, I will turn away and face my mirrors and continue with the exercise.

    I am not a big Kettlebell fan. Besides this series, I only have 4 other Kettlebell workouts and three of those are Paul Katami. He is also a chatterbug.
    I am a huge kickboxing fan and I wish there was more kickboxing in these workouts.

    Would I recommend them? To me they are okay workouts. If I hadn't got them, I don't think I would have missed anything.
    I have read some of the reviews and people who do Kettlebell workouts a lot think the workouts are pretty good.

    Collagevideo and Totalfitnessdvds have clips of the workouts if you haven't had a chance to check them out.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Pro-Form 600 LT Treadmill - Thoughts

21 Day Fix Disc 1 - Review

Tony Horton P90X Legs & Back - Review