Amy Bento Ross HIp Hop Walk -Thoughts

Hip Hop Walk is about 55 minutes in length. It is lead by Amy Bento Ross and Amy is the only cast member.
The workout contains the following sections:
Warm up - ~ 6 minutes
Chapter 1 - ~ 12 minutes
Chapter 2 - ~ 4 minutes
Chapter 3 - ~ 2 minutes
Chapter 4 - ~ 6 minutes
Chapter 5 - ~17 minutes
Cool Down - ~ 3 minutes
Stretch - ~ 5 minutes

Easy easy easy workout to follow. You really are just walking for most of the workout. Amy does try to change it up by adding in variations to particular moves. There are some extremely repetitive parts to the workout. I think this is mostly because Amy does several sets of the same moves in which she leads from the right side. Even before the right side is completed, I am already getting bored with what she is doing and ready to move on. She then goes and repeats the same moves for an equal amount of sets on the left side. I was getting bored.

Amy does included intensity segments. The intensity segments are drill base and it is where she does a particular exercise leading right for 30 seconds. She then briefly breaks and does the drill again leading left for 30 seconds. Amy is wearing at watch with a timer that she uses to track the 30 seconds.

The music is good. It fits. Amy talks to the DJ who is off-camera - telling him when to lower the tempo or pick it up. I think Amy should have had the DJ in the workout, in the background behind her to give the workout a little more flavor and energy.

There are no premixes in this workout and I think the DVD could have benefit from a couple of premixes.
One premix I would have created would have been an Intensity Premix. This would have been a short premix but one I think would have been good to have.
A second premix I would have created would be what I would call "Zig Zag" Premix. Taking the right lead in the first series, pairing it with the left lead in the second series, the right lead in the third series, and the left lead in the fourth series and so on. Have this option would certainly cut down on some of the repetitiveness of the whole workout.
In 55 minutes, I burned 444 calories. I found parts of the workout fun and I thought parts of the workout boring.
3 stars

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Pro-Form 600 LT Treadmill - Thoughts

21 Day Fix Disc 1 - Review

Tony Horton P90X Legs & Back - Review