Dance Body Beautiful - Jive, Jump, Ballroom Bump

The Dance Body Beautiful series features Lisa Rinna. Lisa is a past contestant on Dancing With The Stars.  I believe she did quite well on the show.
Listed  as Disc 1 in the series is Jive, Jump, Ballroom Bump.  This dance workout showcases four different dances. 
The dances are:
Jive, Jump, Ballroom Bump
Cha Cha Crazy
Super Sexy Salsa Sizzle
Fat Free Disco  Fever

You can select each dance individually.  Each of the dances further breaks down according to tempo.  You have
Breakdown
Slow
Medium
Fast

That tells you right there, that there is lots of repetition.  Lisa starts each dance by breaking down the moves without music. Sometimes she uses her hands to clap out the beat during this section.  I hated this section. I found it hard to follow Lisa breaks down.  I suffered through this section in Jive, Jump Ballroom Bump, but only made it a couple of 8 counts into Cha Cha Crazy before nixing it.   With the last two dances I went straight to the slow section and learn the dance from there.

In some of the dances, there was not a noticeable difference as she move from slow to medium to fast.  The one I could tell the most is the Jive dance when it went from medium to fast.  In the other dances the move from one tempo to the next was not as noticeable.

My favorite dance -Mmmm, probably Fat Free Disco Fever, but I like the moves in the Cha Cha and Salsa dance as well.  Although, I didn't always like the music selection.

Lisa.  Lisa has a lot of energy.  She is not a fitness instructor and you can tell. Her cuing was not the best.  She does not mirror cue, which for this workout wasn't a big deal but her cuing and the way she would call the move would throw me off.  I know she was trying to be helpful but she seemed off from the music and at times all over the place.

The background exercisers I thought were very good. 
This workout is just over an hour but that includes the breakdown.  Luckily the workout is chaptered so you can skip around.

3  stars

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Pro-Form 600 LT Treadmill - Thoughts

21 Day Fix Disc 1 - Review

Tony Horton P90X Legs & Back - Review