CIA 2205 Stepped-Up Step is a 57 minute step workout.  It features Ann Saldi as the lead.  Two cast members join Ann.
This is a workout that I have had forever but never did until today.  The workout contains a warm up (about 7 minutes) 5 step combo sections, cool down, abdominals and a stretch.

Not a bad step workout.  Ann combines dance  and athletic moves into some pretty fun combos.  The combos aren't long or overly complicated.  Only one of the combos, I found kind of tricky and that was combo two. The fifth combo is actually the combo Ann taught in the warm up.  So once you get to that point in the workout, she pretty much throws it at you.  Ann takes you through all the combos about 4 times, two times each on the left and right. She also splices the combos for an added challenge.

I thought Ann did a good job in cuing the workout. She did changed the way she cued 1/2 way through the workout. At the beginning she would have you hold at step knees and she would show you the move and then have you join in. In the second half she expected you to do the move as she called them. I understood that with the fifth combo as we learned that one in the warm up. But when she first did it, I thought "She is changing the way she is cuing".
The music.  This is a fairly old workout. I think it was made in 2002. I like the music but the same music does appear in other CIA workouts of that time.

Good step workout.  3 & 3/4 stars

Comments

  1. Hi Saundra, I just purchased the Metamorphasis by Tracy workout set. Have you ever done that workout? I'm hoping it will transform my life. If you haven't tried it, I wondered if you would consider throwing parts of it into your rotation in the coming months?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Drew,
    I have not tried Tracy's Metamorphasis series. Last year I thought about getting the Hip Centric version of the workout. But I was told Tracy's cuing is not the best and then I lost interest. As far as I have heard, many people are enjoying the series. I do have a few of her cardio dance workouts.
    I will be interested and look forward to how the series is working for you. Please report back.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Pro-Form 600 LT Treadmill - Thoughts

21 Day Fix Disc 1 - Review

Tony Horton P90X Legs & Back - Review