Burlesque by Jazzercise - Thoughts

Burlesque by Jazzercise is a 48 minute workout and it features Shanna Misset Nelson as the lead.  It has a real showgirl aspect and so of course the term "sexy" was used quite often during the workout.

There is a warm up and a cool down.  In between those two, there are 8 dances.  Dance 7 focuses on the Abs. Dance 8 focuses on the lower body (squats, lunges, plies).
Each dance is choreograph to its own song.  Speaking of song, the music is awesome. The music in this workout rivals some of my Pump It Up workouts.  All are current danceable tunes. They are lots of fun and have lots of energy.
Shanna. I really enjoyed her.  This is my first time working out with her and I thought she was awesome. Great clear cuing.

My only issue with the workout was the repetitiveness.  Each dance contain about 4, maybe 5 moves and you repeated those moves throughout the whole song.  So I was wishing for a little bit more variety because on the longer songs it can become boring.
The moves are not complicated and I thought all the moves fit the songs really well. Each dance ends with a pose and starts with Shanna saying "alright".  So there is a bit of a break as you move from song to song.
I thought the set was pretty and fit the vibe of the workout.
The DVD contains two premixes.  They are:
Quick Fit Workout (20 minutes)
Ab & Booty Blast (10 minutes)

Good workout.  3 & 3/4 stars out of 5.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Pro-Form 600 LT Treadmill - Thoughts

21 Day Fix Disc 1 - Review

Tony Horton P90X Legs & Back - Review