Patrick Goudeau Extreme Calorie Burn - Thoughts

Extreme Calorie Burn could have been called Lean Hot Body 2. Same format but slightly longer, Extreme Calorie Burn clocks in at 67 minutes.

I have to say, Patrick annoyed me or maybe it was the camera person. Patrick kept stopping "to coach". I am use to this because he does this in his other workouts. He does this so much in Extreme Calorie Burn that I don't think he even did 1/2 the workout. The part that annoys me is that the camera is on him quite a few times when he does stop which he does so very abruptly. So either I am thinking the exercise is over and I stop too or it messes up my count.

There is a warm up, 5 interval blocks and cool down. The DVD has a chapter menu so you can choose to include the ab workout before the cool down, eliminated the ab workout and go straight to the cool down or do the ab workout on its own at a later time. The ab workout is about 10 minutes and it uses a dumbbell.

The 5 interval blocks each contain two rounds and each round contains two sets. So you are repeating everything four times through. The sets consist of two to three compound type sculpting or muscle conditioning exercises. A minute of cardio breaks up the sets. Then, you either repeat the set or move on.

Now, while you cannot select each block from the chapter menu, the main workout is chaptered. This is great because you can, if you want, skip ahead or repeat segments.

If I were to compare workouts. I like the combinations and exercises in Extreme Calorie Burn slightly better than Lean Hot Body, although over all, I think the two workouts very similar.
4 stars

Comments

  1. I have a couple of Patrick's dvds, just screening them terrifies me ! looks so intense, maybe one day I will get there! thanks a lot for your reviews btw saundra, keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Pro-Form 600 LT Treadmill - Thoughts

21 Day Fix Disc 1 - Review

Tony Horton P90X Legs & Back - Review