Kelly Coffey Meyer LIFT Powersculpt - Thoughts



Powersculpt is the second workout on Kelly Coffey-Meyer's 30 Minutes To Fitness LIFT workout.
After the warm up, it is a non stop 30 minute sculpting workout using dumbbells. Kelly moves from exercise to exercise with precision and efficiency. In the introduction, she jokes (well she wasn't joking) "if you want a break, you will have to pause the remote" and you do. There might have been a brief reprieve as she went to change out weights but the changing out of weights was not done often and when it was done, it was quick.

All of the moves were compound in nature and Kelly used the layer approach technique where she started with one move and then added another and sometimes another. So many of the exercises had up to 3 components.

Kelly would do an exercise and then she would move on to what she called a "transition move" and then she would repeat the original exercise. That was the pattern for the whole workout. So some exercises you do twice and some only once. However, you are doing each exercise for about a minute and that translates into a lot of reps. So the repetition is high for simple single-layer exercises (i.e. the pulse squats and the side bends which seem to go on forever).

I did enjoy this workout and it is another winner for me and from Kelly. 4 stars of of 5.

Note 1: I have included a list of exercises that she performed on the worksheet. You will need to click the worksheet for a better view. The description of the exercise are my own and may not be exactly what Kelly called out.

Note 2: I did do about 15 minutes of the first workout Olympic Lift, but I stopped half way through because my lower back started to ache. So I will wait to review this workouts. From what I did do, I know I probably need to work on my technique. Once of the things Kelly kept saying was get your elbows up and my elbows were never up. I warmed up with a 12lb body bar and I was using an 18 lb and a 15 lb body bar for the exercises. I did do the tutorial but I need to practice my technique more.

Comments

  1. Hi Saundra, I got this and it's a really fun and challenging workout, my first KCM now I'm reading your review on TLC, got that on my wish list :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love both Olympic Lift and Powersculpt!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Pro-Form 600 LT Treadmill - Thoughts

21 Day Fix Disc 1 - Review

Tony Horton P90X Legs & Back - Review