Kelly Coffey Meyer Circuit Burn - Thoughts


Somewhere, probably in a video, I heard Kelly say "be a participant not a spectator". This quote comes to mind because when I got this workout and was previewing it, I did not think I was going to like it as much as I thought I would when I bought it. After doing the workout - 30 Minutes to Fitness Circuit Burn, I love it.
The workout comes with two 30 minute workouts. And I am happy to report they are very close to being 30 minutes - maybe 2 or 3 minute past.
I mentioned this because in Kelly's last group of workouts, a couple of the workouts well exceeded the 30 minute time frame.
It is not a big deal in and of itself - just a pet peeve of mine - if you are going to mention time in the title, the workout should closely reflect that time. And these do, so back to the workouts.
I did both workouts back to back and as I move forward, I will most likely continue to do both (time permitting) because both workouts really do compliment each other and it makes for a nice hour long workout.
The circuit is broken down into 4 groups. The groups are athletic cardio, compound weight exercises, shadow boxing and lower body sculpting and toning. You repeat each group of exercises twice through before moving on to the next round..
The music is nondescript. One of the things that made me think I wouldn't like it as much is the music just dies at the end of each exercise. It then picks back up as you move into the next exercise. So you are waiting between each exercise. I thought this would bug me, but I used the time to get back focus on what was coming next.
What I like about this workout and Kelly in general is that I always feel like a get a good workout without killing myself. And at first glance, you look at some of the moves she performing and think "What is she doing?" But then you just find yourself really getting into the move and thinking it sort of cool. Kelly is very good about coming up with different and unique sculpting moves that you don't see in every one's video.
4 1/2 stars out of 5

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Pro-Form 600 LT Treadmill - Thoughts

21 Day Fix Disc 1 - Review

Tony Horton P90X Legs & Back - Review