The FIRM Calorie Explosion - Thoughts


Okay. This was good and the title, Calorie Explosion, is very apt. I burned over 500 calories with this workout and I was even going all out as this was my first time through and I was learning the moves.
That is not to say the moves are complicated because they are not. The moves are very basic. Alison cues well and you go through each set at least twice.
The workout contains a warm up, 4 express workouts which are about 12 minutes each, and a cool down.
What is cool about this, or I think so, is that you can do the whole workout which is about 55 minutes or you can select to do a particular section which includes the warm up and cool down for about at 18 to 20 minute workout. The DVD is chapter so it is easy to move around.
You can tell someone put some thought into the functionality of this workout.
The 4 different workouts are:
Kick-Butt Athletic Drills - uses hand weights
Explosive Power Moves - uses hand weights
Cardio Kickboxing
High Intensity Moves - uses hand weights
One workout didn't feel all that different to me from another workout. I thought as a whole all the segments worked well together. In fact, within each segment, I thought the workout moved at a nice pace and I was at the end of the segment before I knew it.
There's lots of impact and Emily is your modifier but even Emily is doing some moves high impact. This workout definitely falls into the "high end of intermediate to the low end of advance" category. The workout does contain modified burpees/squat thrust/mountain climbers that many in the fitness industry like putting in their workouts when they want to increase the intensity.
The set was basic but not drab and the music worked for the workout.
All in all, a very good workout. I give it 4 out of 5 stars.

Comments

  1. Great review, Saundra. I agree with you! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Pro-Form 600 LT Treadmill - Thoughts

21 Day Fix Disc 1 - Review

Tony Horton P90X Legs & Back - Review