Cathe Party Rockin' Step Workout 1 & Workout 2- Thoughts

So I decided to review these two workouts together because I purposely waited to write the review for Workout 1 until after I had done Workout 2.

I think Cathe could have called these workouts Power 7 Stepping because that "Power 7" move or the "Sculpt 7" move showed up consistently throughout both works. 

Take that move out or even just the over use of the move in its many variations (i.e Power 3s, Power 15s etc)- once okay but three and four times, doing this move practically in every combo, I started to get annoyed.

But going back to what I started to say, take that move out and I quite like the combos.  They were all fairly easy to learn. Cathe does use quite a bit of her previous choreography but I like the way she put the combos together. It is just different enough to make you think.  Many times I thought I knew what was coming next based on how she incorporated a move in a previous video and I would be wrong.  But by the second or third time through I was able to pick up the combo as Cathe was calling it.

Both Party Rockin Step Workout 1 and Party Rockin Step Workout 2 feature a warm up, six combos, finished product (combining all the combos) and a stretch.

In Workout 1, you run through the Finished Product twice with no breaks between the individual combos.  Also Workout 1 is the one that Cathe states has more dance moves of the two.  They are quite a few pivots, the elvis move, box steps and ball changes all appear.
Workout 1 DVD contains 5 Bonus Chapters from Workout 2.  They are Step Combos 2, 3, 4, 6, and the Stretch.  It also contains 5 premixes.The main workout clocks in at just under 54 minutes.

In Workout 2, you run through the Finished Product only once and you are not moving from one combo straight into the next.  Cathe sticks in alternating knee lift with an elbow.  Workout 2 is the more athletic of the two with jumping or intensity moves such as plyo jacks, square box hops, and salute squats added to each combo.  This is the workout where she really over does the Power 7 move; and because it started to annoy me, I substituted the move with either "side ups" or "run ups".
Workout 2 DVD contains 5 Bonus Chapters from Workout 1.  They are Step Combos 2, 3, 4, 6, & the Stretch. It also contains 5 premixes.  This workout clocks in at about 53 & 1/2 minutes.


As far as combos go, I like the combos in Workout 2 better than Workout 1.  However, in Workout 1, I like how we went through the Finished Combos without a break.

The music.  I was thankful for the instrumental only option.

Party Rockin Step Workout 1 - 3 & 1/2 stars
Party Rockin Step Workout 2 - 3 & 3/4 stars

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Pro-Form 600 LT Treadmill - Thoughts

21 Day Fix Disc 1 - Review

Tony Horton P90X Legs & Back - Review