Amy Bento Ross Advanced Step Challenge 5 - Thougths



Advanced Step Challenge 5 is Amy Bento's latest step workout in the ASC series.  This workout features five combinations plus a warm up and cool down.  The workout clocks in at just over 60 minutes.
This is athletic style stepping and the workout contains quite a bit of jumping and other high impact moves.

Like most of Amy's ASC workouts this does feature a preview section that breaks down the five combos.
When learning the workout, I learned a combo at a time. I would start by viewing the preview for a particular combo and then I would go and run through that combo several times.  I learned a combo a day before doing the whole workout.

The preview section is not chaptered which was a pain once you got beyond the first combo because you had to scroll/fast forward through to get to the combo you wanted to learn.

I found the combos fairly easy to learn.  There were two areas where I had a little trouble and any time Amy was jumping completely over the step, I modified those moves.

There are four premixes:
Short Mix (40:35)
Medium Mix (52:29)
Mix it Up #1 (1:02:40)
Mix It Up#2 (1:02:43)

The music is energetic and has nice beat. I just felt that I couldn't hear it properly.  The music was not as loud as I wanted it to be and turning up the volume made Amy louder.

Besides Amy there are four other cast members but there is not a beginner modifier.  Amy does point out a different way to do a couple of the moves.

I like it.
4 stars

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Pro-Form 600 LT Treadmill - Thoughts

21 Day Fix Disc 1 - Review

Tony Horton P90X Legs & Back - Review