Cathe Rockout Knockout - Review

Rockout Knockout is one of the newly release Cathe 2013 workouts.  It is a kickboxing martial arts inspired workout.
One thing I want to say is these new workouts come in some good high quality DVD cases.  Just something I notice right away. I think I had some other workout's flimsy case in my hand which is why I notice the difference.

So, the DVD menu for Rockout Knockout is:
Introduction
Play
Chapters
  - Warm up
  - Kickbox Cardio
  - Cardio With Gloves
  - Kickbox Combos
  - Stretch
  - Bonus Heavy Bag
Premixes
  - Rockout Knockout + Bonus Heavy Bag (65:02)
  - Timesaver # 1 (38:33)
  - Timesaver # 2 (36:16)
  - Timesaver # 3 (43:33)
  - Timesaver # 4 (43:15)
  - Scrambled # 1 (55:17)
  - Scrambled # 2 (65:02)
Equipment
Audio Settings
  - Normal Mix
  - Instrumental Music Mix
  - Vocals Only Mix

I did the Rockout Knockout + Bonus Heavy Bag premix and I thought the workout moved pretty fast.  Each of the sections was just enough and not too much of any one thing.
The only thing is as you move from Kickbox Cardio to Cardio With Gloves, your momentum slows because obviously you have to stop or certainly slow down to put on your gloves. Cathe and crew appear in the next segment with their gloves already on.  Which is annoying because trying to work the remote with the gloves is difficult to say the least
In the Kickbox Combos segment, Cathe breaks down the moves on one side before moving to the other side. I was expecting some type of cardio such as jumping jacks, a shuffle, or light jog because she usually puts these moves as transitions between her combos.  But no, you did one side and then you move to the other side and then you moved back to the first side to start the next combo.  There are four combos.  The last combo is only boxing and no kicking.
I liked all of the segments with the Bonus Heavy Bag being my least favorite.  I think it was the flow in this segment - it seemed off.
But overall, I like this workout.  I like the music, I like the set and Cathe and crew are good.
I did preview the Vocals Only Mix options and I did not like it.  The workout felt dead and forced.
4 stars

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Pro-Form 600 LT Treadmill - Thoughts

21 Day Fix Disc 1 - Review

Tony Horton P90X Legs & Back - Review