The FIRM Ballroom Aerobics - Thoughts

The FIRM's Ballroom Aerobics is part of the FIRM Parts series of workouts. FIRM Parts workouts are compilations workouts that include segments from other previously released workouts.
Ballroom Aerobics is hosted by Tracie Long.  The workout contain segments from The Tortoise and The Hare workout both of which feature Tracie as the lead instructor.

The DVD allows you to select the following segments:
Warm up
Stretch
Dance
4-Limb Cardio
Dance
4-Limb Cardio
Dance
Cool-Down
Stretch

This workout uses a step and light dumbbells.  The step segments are mini ballroom dance routines.  The rhythms of ballroom featured are tango, cha cha, pose doble, swing, charleston, and the waltz. 
This is a workout I have had for a long time, even before it was release on DVD, and I couldn't remember having done it before.   So I found that when I did this workout the other day that  it was very lite, with very little intensity.  As I was dong the workout, I thought this is a workout better suited as an active recovery day or if you are starting back exercising after not having exercise for a while. 


3 stars

Comments

  1. I didn't realize BA had been released on DVD! I always kind of enjoyed the cardio segments on Tortoise and Hare as a nice change of pace, but could never get my hands on the original VHS (at least at a reasonable price).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Pro-Form 600 LT Treadmill - Thoughts

21 Day Fix Disc 1 - Review

Tony Horton P90X Legs & Back - Review