Jari Love Get Extremely Ripped! BootCamp

A few months ago, a friend of mine gave me about 6, maybe 7 Jari's Love workouts. At one time, I did own a few of Jari's first group of workouts but when I was scaling back my workout collection, she went by the wayside. Clips of her newer workouts never appeal to me so I would always bypass them.
When I received the workouts from my friend, I did preview them and I thought many of them look much better than how they came across in the clip. So four months later, I am adding some of them into the rotation.

Starting with Get Extremely Ripped! Boot Camp - this is about a 75 minutes long workout if you do the entire workout. I did the whole workout.

You can also break the workout into two 30-minute workouts or six 10 minute workouts. Along with a warm up and cool down, there are six rounds and each of the rounds contains some type of core work, strength work, and cardio work.
Before each exercise, Jari offers a Ripped! Tip about that exercise. The tip is usually some type of modification suggestion.
There is a mix of body weight and dumbbell exercises, most of which are compound in nature.
As you move towards the end of each exercise, there is a 30 second clock that pops up letting you know that you are towards the end of that exercise.
Also, you are doing upwards of 5 to 6 sets for about 8 to 16 reps per set. Most of the time, it is reps of 16.
During the cardio portion, Jari gives you the option of doing floor intensity aerobics or using a piece of cardio equipment. One member of the cast, chooses the cardio equipment option. He uses a bike. The aerobic intensity moves are mostly plyo power type moves.
The cardio sections last for about 3 minutes. So, I would do the plyo power moves for the first minute and 1/2 and then hop on my spin bike for the last minute of the cardio portion.

Jari offers tons of tips and modifications (both for beginner and advance) for all portions of the workout.
The music is okay. It is mostly background. The set is dark. Jari and the cast members are illuminated by spot lights. The lighting and darkness of the set didn't bother me.

The DVD has premixes of a sort. From the workout segment sub-menu, you can choose to do all the cardio segments, all the ab segments, or all the weight segments.
I like the workout. Although a bit choppy with all the tip breaks, I thought for the most part, the workout moved at a really good pace.
3 & 3/4 stars

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Pro-Form 600 LT Treadmill - Thoughts

21 Day Fix Disc 1 - Review

Tony Horton P90X Legs & Back - Review