Tracy Anderson Beginner Dance Cardio - Thoughts


Tracy Anderson's Beginner Dance Cardio is approximately 45 minutes in length, maybe a little shorter and it features a warm up and four dance combinations but no cool down.
The warm up is about 5 minutes and each combinations is between 9 and 10 minutes.
The workout itself is different. The warm up threw me for a bit because Tracy does not cue through it. At first I thought maybe I hit a music only option (which the DVD does not have) but no - she introduces the warm up and then you are basically just following what she is doing on the screen. It is not complicated and I have to say for the most part the camera did a decent job with the camera angles in the warm up and in the whole video. Either we have full body shots or we have camera shots showing what the feet are doing. So no complaints there.
Tracy leads the warm up and the first combinations and then she has her master instructors/trainers each lead a combination; and apparently, we (including Tracy and her trainers) are all learning the combinations at the same time. The combinations are not hard. There are only anywhere between 32 counts and 64 counts each. Because they are so short, you are repeating them a lot.
Each lady teaches a combinations for about the first 4 1/2 minutes. You marked through the moves without music. When the music start, you repeat the same set of moves for the whole songs which is about some 5 minutes long. It can get repetitive. Okay, it is repetitive but it didn't annoy me. The music is very high techno and really you are just moving to the music and letting yourself go with the music. It is basically club dancing and I enjoyed it.
Tracy teaches combo 1. Easy to follow. Fun.
Anna teaches combo 2. This is my favorite section. I really like the moves.
Stacey teaches combo 3. I like this section too, I just found myself off the tempo quite a bit.
Maria teaches combo 4. This is my second favorite section. There are some cool moves here.
The ladies really pick up the energy and the movement as they repeat the combination over and over of their routine. The routines do end rather abruptly. Each routine is its own chapter point and when the music stops, they stop. The DVD goes back to the main menu and you select another combinations. There is no "play all button" and there is no cool down chapter.
This is my first Tracy Anderson workout and I like it. 3 1/2 stars. I burned 414 calories with this workout.

Comments

  1. Have a great Christmas Saundra, thanks for writing great fitness dvd reviews, really enjoy reading them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas to you too Susan. I hope you have a wonderful holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you find that you got any type of results from this workout????

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have only done this workout once.
    So, it is hard to measure results.
    However, I was impressed with the calorie burn I got from the workout.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Pro-Form 600 LT Treadmill - Thoughts

21 Day Fix Disc 1 - Review

Tony Horton P90X Legs & Back - Review