Kathy Smith Cardio Knockout - Thoughts

The DVD, Cardio Knockout, actually contains three workouts. One workout features Michael Olajide and is called Aerobox Workout. The second workout, the one I did, is named Kickboxing workout and it features Keith Cook and Keli Roberts. The third workout is Tai Chi and it is led by Keli Roberts and Keith Cooke.

Of course the main star of the workout is Kathy Smith. It is her workout.
The Kickboxing Workout is approximately 50 minutes in length. It features what I thought a rather long warm up and then drill style kickboxing. Even though Kathy called them combos, I really didn't think of them as combos. There are two sets at the end of the Kickboxing segment that I would call combo. One is led by Keli Roberts and the other by Keith Cooke. They are really brief though.
After the kickboxing portion, there is a leg conditioning segment where you work the Buns and Thighs. A stretch and cool down follows and then ab and back work. I thought the sequence of this was odd. I guess Kathy was trying to make the Ab set an add on.

I am not sure when the workout was made, but I think it was a while ago. The DVD states 2006 but I believe the workout was on VHS before. It is a very basic kickboxing workout and it is very easy to follow. Kathy cuing is excellent. She does spend a lot of time breaking down the moves.
Keith and Keli are excellent in the workout. I think that at the time Kathy made this workout, Kickboxing was new to her because at times she look out of sync and not as sharp as Keli and Keith.
The set is a boxing ring without the rings. The music is okay.
The thing I like best about the workout was listening to Keith breakdown the moves as we were performing them.
Other than that, the workout was just so so; and not one I will probably grab often.

2 1/2 stars

Comments

  1. "The set is a boxing ring without the rings." Do you mean without the ropes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep. That is what I meant. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Pro-Form 600 LT Treadmill - Thoughts

21 Day Fix Disc 1 - Review

Tony Horton P90X Legs & Back - Review