My 2010 Year in Review

2010
What can I say about 2010. The year flew by for me. I had a job change. I didn't make much progress in the weight loss front but other things came together for me. I bought way too many workouts. I hurt my foot and then my knee. I missed my yearly FIRM Believer's trip but I got to go to the Cathe Road Trip. I took a trip out to Denver Colorodo (first time I did that). I had Thanksgiving at my house for the first time in like a Gazillion years. I made it to New York for my annual Christmas day shopping and decided that this was going to be the last year I do New York in December (too cold, too crowded). And I only over spent my Holiday budget this year by $207. So all in all, it was a good if not relatively uneventful year.
On the Fitness Front
Favorites
My Favorite Workout for 2010: Tracey Staehle's Cardio Kickbox Challenge
2nd runner up: Kelly Coffey-Meyer Circuit Burn
3rd runner up: Amy Bento Advance Step Challenge 4

4th runner up: Turbo Fire 45 EZ Workout

5th runner up: Amy Bento Hi Lo Dynamics


My Least Favorite Workout(s) of 2010. I say least favorite because I can usually find some redeeming quality about a workout.
1. Discount Workout (The GymBox) Weight Workouts

2. Marta Montenegro 3 workouts MMA 21 Strength

3. Bob Harper - Pure Burn Super Strength, Body Cardio Rev Conditioning




My Biggest Let Down
1. Guillermo Gomez Cardio Blast




A Piece of equipment, I should not have bought.
1. Pilates Power Gym ( not that it is bad, I just don't use it).
Yeah, this wasn't a good purchase for me. Mostly because I like working out to DVDs. The unit did come with two workout DVDs but I didn't think they were very good. So the only real workout this got was a place to lay laundry on. Maybe next year I will get more use out of it or find it a new home.
Two pieces of equipment I found to be good investments.
1. Garmin 305 Forerunner
I don't think I reviewed this piece of equipment, but it turn out to be a good tool for tracking distance, heart rate, routes and I found it simple to use. It also has a software program that you can load onto your computer. My only draw back or issue with it is I think some times it takes too much time to connect with the satellite when powering it up.
I will try to do a more in depth review next year.
2. Bodybugg Calorie Management System.

Overall, I like the Bodybugg Calorie Management system. It does have its little annoyances and it has one big major annoyances and that is the crappy, cheap, (and a few other expletives I will leave out) armband straps. I have already gone through three straps. These things do not hold up well at all.

Comments

  1. Good review of your favourites and non favourites. I agree with you re Bob Harper workouts and Montenegro, traded them all. They weren't for me. Love Amy's workouts and I'm really enjoying STS 2, starting STS 3 next week, hope it's as good as STS 2.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan, yep I too traded Marta and Bob. They just weren't my cup on tea.
    Glad to hear you are enjoying STS. I thought about trying to tackle the whole rotation again this year but didn't want to do 3 1/2 months. Later in the year, I am planning on pulling out some of the STS workouts and doing them.

    Susan, I hope you are having a great holiday season and thanks for all you comments and interest.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Pro-Form 600 LT Treadmill - Thoughts

21 Day Fix Disc 1 - Review

Tony Horton P90X Legs & Back - Review