Julianne Hough - Just Dance - Thoughts



Dance with Julianne: Just Dance is approximately 45 minutes in length and features ex Dancing with the Stars Professional Dancer Julianne Hough. The DVD has a tutorial that breaks down the moves. There are four moves that Julianne breaks down. I will tell you that I didn't do the tutorial until after I did the workout; and only then because I was checking out what features were on the DVD.


The workout contains a warm up, three dance combinations and a cool down. The warm up is dance based. Meaning it contains, head rolls, shoulder rolls, ribcage and hip isolation moves as well as dynamic stretching.


The combinations are Work It, Flaunt It and Pump It. The dances are really contemporary with a leaning towards jazz. I found the routines really easy to pick up. Julianne breaks down each move before she adds complexity to it and even the complexity isn't that complex. However the workout does have a modifier who modifies approximately 6 of the moves and that includes some of the stretches. Julianne does repeat each moves, exercise or sequence at least four times. Once you learn the whole routine, you will get 4 passes to try it out. So there is repetition and tifting but not so much that it is boring or even annoying.


The cool down is your typical workout cool down with standard stretches.


At times I could barely hear the music, while Julianne came through loud and clear. If I turn up the volume then Julianne is the one who is louder. I thought the workout might have come with a music louder option but it does not.

The music is decent and I think it fits the workout well.


For a dance workout, there are too many up close camera angles. There are times that Julianne is moving her feet but I can't see what she is doing because they are showing only her mid-section or sometimes it is just from the waist up that they are showing. In a dance workout, I need to see the feet especially when the feet are moving.


I did manage to burn 374 calories with this workout which I think is pretty good because I didn't think I was working all that hard. Not to mention, there are times that the tempo slow down when Julianne added to the combination.


3 1/2 stars

Comments

  1. Hey Did you lose any weight as of right now i am doing the dance routine!? Its a little complicated though! Tell Me your story Thanx!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Pro-Form 600 LT Treadmill - Thoughts

21 Day Fix Disc 1 - Review

Tony Horton P90X Legs & Back - Review