Sunday Morning Runs Are Back!!!


Actually they have been back for awhile. Nonetheless this year I got started late. Normally I try to start the runs in April. This year because job related issues, I didn't get the runs started until June and boy did I feel the late start.
Several times I had to stop and walk. The first five minutes I felt like I was going to die. It didn't help that I was carrying an extra 22lbs that I wasn't used to carrying.
It has taken me a lot longer than I thought to get back to what and where I was used to. I am still not there yet. The road has been slow but there has been progress. In fact, until today I was making progress on my time each week.

Today I felt as if I was running in quick sand. It was just slow going. The humidity was stifling and it was warm. And I was out the door at 640am this morning to do the run.

Now why do I do these Sunday Morning Runs? It is all in preparation for the Baltimore Running Festival 5K Run. This year will be my 5th year running it. My goal each year is to beat last year's time. Currently, I am a long way away from that.

My Progress Thus Far:
6 Jun - 42:44:36
13 Jun - 40:52:12
20 Jun -40:01:26
27 Jun - 39:26:66
4 Jul - 38:22:22
11 Jul - 37:56:78
18 Jul - 37:29:37
25 Jul - 37:47:72

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Pro-Form 600 LT Treadmill - Thoughts

21 Day Fix Disc 1 - Review

Tony Horton P90X Legs & Back - Review