Karen Russell Yoga Groove The Poses- Thoughts


This program Yoga Groove comes on a two DVD set. One DVD features Yoga and the other DVD features Dance.
Each DVD comes with several workout options.
The workout that I did was "The Poses" workout. "The Poses" is on the Yoga DVD and is approximately 48 minutes in length.
I chose this workout for one of my active recovery days. My active recovery day is a day that I like to take it easy and get in some stretching. With this workout, I actually felt like I was working out. Many of the poses seem un-usually hard for me. I don't know whether that was because I was stiff from my Thursday sculpting workout or because the poses were held for longer than I am used to.
I don't workout to Yoga a lot but I thought this workout was nice although it took me about 15 minutes into the workout to warm up to it. The program is narrated with voice over. The set is on a beach. The music is serene and pleasant enough - mostly background. And there is no mirror cuing.
All the poses were familiar to me expect the Warrior 1 pose and the Squat pose. The narrator calls out the Sanskrit name of the pose and then she follows with the English name of the pose. After the Yoga poses were complete, the instructor took us into a series of dance ballet poses which I liked better than the yoga poses.
As I stated, the workout grew on me as I moved into it and by the end of the workout I thought it was a good workout.
3 1/2 out of 5 stars

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Pro-Form 600 LT Treadmill - Thoughts

21 Day Fix Disc 1 - Review

Tony Horton P90X Legs & Back - Review