Kelly Coffey Meyer Slim Sculpting - Thoughts

Slim Sculpting is one of Kelly fall 2014 workouts.
The DVD offers the following menu options:
Introduction
Workout One
Workout Two
Premixes
Credits

Workout One and Workout Two share the same warm up but they each have their own cool down stretch.
This is a Kettlebell workout that uses a Tabata format.  There are four rounds for each exercise. I believe we were doing each exercise for 30 seconds with a 15 second rest.
There was not a clock down count which was a bummer.

I did both workouts.  In workout two there is one move called the Plank Hold. Two of the cast members do this move with there hands on the floor. Kelly and another cast members hold there plank holding onto the kettlebell. I tried Kelly's version and crashed to the floor twice trying this move.  Kelly does state that she "does not expect everyone to do that version, she is just showing you want you can do if you are able" . Clearly I was not able.
I had DOMS in my thighs and butt after this workout which Kelly also predicted  The culprit I suspect were the Gobblet Squats and Gobblet Side Lunges.

I like the workout. When I started I wasn't thrill with the Tabata format but it grew on me as I went through the workout.  There is a modifier who shows how to do the workout with a dumbbell.  Kelly shows various intensity options on some moves as you go through the workout.
 


Premixes:
Both Workouts (70 min)
Combined Workouts No Swings (61 min)
Combined Workouts No Floor Work (59 min)
Lower Body Mix (32 min)
Swings and Lower Body Mix (40 min)
Swings and Upper Body Mix (38 min)
Core and Abs (32 min)
Combined Workouts No Overhead Presses (57min)

4 stars
 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Pro-Form 600 LT Treadmill - Thoughts

21 Day Fix Disc 1 - Review

Tony Horton P90X Legs & Back - Review